- Figure 8 Dinking Drill
- One team hits all their dinks cross court while the other team hits all their dinks down the line. This creates the figure 8 shape with the path of the ball.
- Shift to place yourself in front of the ball as it moves corner to corner. Also shifting slightly with your partner as they get pulled away from the center of the court.
- Practices changing the direction of the ball—cross court off of down the line and down the line off of cross court.
- Practices hitting reset dinks down the line when pushed wide while off balance.
- Switch sides to hit both forehand and backhand and switch directions so both teams hit down the line and cross court.
- Both teams should attempt to take the ball out of the air when possible, but particularly the team going cross court since the down the line team has less distance to hit to.
- Prioritize net clearance and getting the ball to bounce as the down the line team.
- Footwork should be side shuffling and lunging with your outside leg rather than crossing over your feet.
Figure 8 Dinking Drill
120th Video Launched June 27th
Ben, Collin and Dekel just completed shooting 52 more videos for 2022/2023
We will continue to launch a new video each week.