- The Rules of the Kitchen
- The kitchen line is considered part of the kitchen.
- MYTH—you can only be in the kitchen if the ball bounces. This is false. Nothing prevents you from standing inside the kitchen at any time, although this is not strategically advisable.
- If the ball bounces, it becomes impossible to commit a foot fault.
- It is an immediate foot fault if any part of your person, clothing, or paddle is inside the kitchen while contacting the ball out of the air.
- Breaking the plane (into the airspace) of the kitchen to strike the ball out of the air is legal.
- It is ruled a foot fault if your momentum carries you into the kitchen after contacting the ball out of the air. (Even if the ball is dead prior to you physically entering the kitchen). The relevant point is control of your body after hitting your shot.
- You must re-establish both feet outside of the kitchen before being able to strike the ball out of the air. Failure to re-establish both feet will result in a foot fault.
- Your partner is permitted to assist you from falling into the kitchen after contact out of the air, as long as no part of them is inside the kitchen. Assistance to your partner while being inside the kitchen is ruled a foot fault.
Rules of the Kitchen
120th Video Launched June 27th
Ben, Collin and Dekel just completed shooting 52 more videos for 2022/2023
We will continue to launch a new video each week.