- Stacking Strategy
- Stacking is used to put players on a specific, often better for them, side. This is particularly true with a righty lefty team, where you can put forehands in the middle.
- Consider “half-stacking” (only stacking on the serve) if you’re struggling to get to the kitchen line on the returns.
- Another option if you want to full stack but are struggling on the return is to hit it higher and always down the line to take away angles.
- It will be the responsibility of the partner not returning to cover the middle ball drive, regardless of forehand/backhand. This is because their returning partner’s momentum is going towards the line in order to cover that.
- When considering stacking, bear in mind all the factors of why you might want to: cross court dinking ability from forehand/backhand, movement (better mover often on left), powerful forehand in the middle, longer reach, right side (deuce) player countering with backhand.
120th Video Launched June 27th
Ben, Collin and Dekel just completed shooting 52 more videos for 2022/2023
We will continue to launch a new video each week.