- a backhand struck out of the air that you attempt to hit back short into the kitchen.
- to take away your opponent’s time, and maintain your court position.
- Reach out only up to a comfortable distance. You will get to know your wingspan through experience.
- Bend your knees leaning into the balls of your feet with a good wide athletic base to maintain control by volleying as close to the level of the ball as possible.
- Constant pressure from taking as many shots out of the air as possible makes your opponents feel smothered.
- Open up your paddle face by leading with the bottom edge of your paddle. Especially on balls you strike from a low contact point.
- Minimal backswing. Prioritize making solid contact out in front of your body.
- Do not attempt to spin the ball intentionally. Spin will occur naturally if executed properly.
Backhand Volley Dink
120th Video Launched June 27th
Ben, Collin and Dekel just completed shooting 52 more videos for 2022/2023
We will continue to launch a new video each week.