- How to Put Lead Tape on Your Paddle
- Lead tape is for adding weight to specific areas of your paddle, which each have different effects to them.
- Placing lead at the end of your paddle will make it more “head heavy”, meaning it will feel heavier when you swing it, compared to placing it in other locations. This will lower hand speed but enhance topspin and power.
- Your paddle’s sweet spot will tend to shift towards where the majority of weight is placed.
- Place lead along the corners of the paddle to enhance stability. Particularly on slight mis-hits away from the sweet spot.
- Place lead along the sides of the paddle to enhance stability and plow through. Particularly good for enhancing stability when blocking.
- Place lead along the bottom corners and throat of the paddle to enhance stability on low mis-hits.
- Place lead tape at the bottom layer of your handle to change the balance of the paddle. This will effect the “swingweight” of a paddle the least, meaning you will feel the added weight the least of any location.
How to Put Lead Tape on Paddle
120th Video Launched June 27th
Ben, Collin and Dekel just completed shooting 52 more videos for 2022/2023
We will continue to launch a new video each week.